Monday, November 14, 2011

Babies are in the air


Well, after 9 years and an intense month of labor, I am proud to announce I am the proud mommy of a 17 year old little girl.

All humor a side . . . Taylor and her mom have decided at this point in their lives they are going to part ways. I'm not sure how long this will go on but as of today it has been a month. You may be wondering what would bring a mother and daughter to part ways. Especially for those of you who know Taylor.

Jealousy is a terrible thing. I think I will leave it at that.

With that said I look at it this way - Most women spend 9 months growing a bond with their unborn child. I spent 9 years growing an unconditional love for this precious gift from God. Our relationship has had its ups and downs. But I am grateful for ALL those moments because they are what has lead us to a very real relationship. A relationship that I had gotten comfortable living with. It was more like big sister/little sister. Now what? I am scared of the role that I am to play. Mainly because I don't know how long I will fill these shoes. When her mom is ready to step back in I will have to gracefully bow out. For now I am thankful God has given me the gift to love and to love deeply. I believe it is because of that love she was able to come to me for comfort.

On a side note. As most of you know I have prayed and prayed for God to allow me to have another child. I have even looked into adoption. I think you know where I am going with this. He answers our prayers! Just not always the way we think he should.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Isn't it amazing how life takes turns! You spent 9 years I just got one with a phone call!