Saturday, April 3, 2010

stop, take a deap breath and . . .


I have been non stop since last Wednesday evening and I have loved every minute of it. You see, last Wednesday I had company come into town. They came and we enjoyed the evening and then that night they stayed at the Best Western here in town. The next day was the start of something amazing. Gabi, Julia, and Carlos became our friends. The kids played so well together. I loved the laughter that was brought into my house. Because as you know the last few months have been filled with things that have been a bit challenging for us all to get through. So laughing has not happening as frequently is I would like. But with Carlos and Julia, Chase and Reese giggled and laughed and played and just truly enjoyed their time!

I must say we live in a great place. My boys and I went on a Holiday (or vacation to us Americans) in our own back yard (Volusia County). I would like to say for very cheap! We went to 27th and the kids enjoyed the beach and the play ground while Gabi and I became human sandcastles. The wind was really bad on Thursday. Not the best beach day but you know kids they make the most out of everything. So they tucked up close to the sea wall and dug in the sand.

Friday, we headed off to fill Gabi with homeschool information. We met up with some friends at Rotary Park and Gabi had the opportunity to pick these women's brains. It was a very educational time for myself as well.

I need to take a moment to explain to you that Gabi, an amazing adventurer, had little to no information on how to homeschool her babies. I guess in New Zealand, where they are from, there are not many people that homeschool. She connected with a charter school and was given workbook after workbook for her young minds to take in. How boring right? So when I met them at the Daytona museum, about a month ago I had the opportunity to go on their sailboat and have a cup of tea (you need to say that part again with a british accent in you mind, its much more entertaining). While on there boat I let my passion for homeschooling slip out. Of course the whole time I am learning a little about what their adventure will be. And let me tell you what an adventure it is. They are sailing on their 60 ft. sailboat around the world. AMAZING! My mind instantly goes to unit studies. Talk about living books. They are going to be able to be apart of pages in "the book". Gabi had never heard of unit studies so I tried to give her as much informoation in as small amount of time as I could.

OK so lets get back to the simi-present time.

After meeting at the park with some long timers. teehee Or should I say some vetern homeschoolers we headed to our gardening co-op. There Gabi and the kids were able to join in with my boys learning. That night was the first night Gabi and her kiddos stayed here with us. Or should I say that night was the first night Gabi and I stayed up late into the night chatting. She says she came for a siminar on homeschooling but I think we both recieved a siminar on life. What a great time I had. (did I already mention that? lol)

Here are some more great outings we had, we went to the Marine Science Center in Ponce Inlet, we played at the Jetty's, we went back to our beach, we had a German meal (which was very yummy), we chilled here at the house, and we talked. Gabi said her cup was empty and she hoped to leave with it overflowing. I'm thinking that totally happened!

Well, this Wednesday morning they left bright and ealry to get to Disney. You would think that after a week with company around you would be ready for them to go but I wasn't I was very sad to say good-bye. But I know one day we will meet again!

You probably think that is the end right? Wrong!

Wednesday the boys and I head off to Sanford to Harvest Time to fill the pantry. We had other not such interesting things happend the rest of that day. Then Thursday came and we headed off on a field trip. What a fun field trip. Did you know we have sea horses here in our rivers? We were in the river using a cool net to scoop up all kind of river life. Too much fun! I ended my day with my go to girl and once agian she came to my rescue. We finalized all my thoughts on Field day and enjoyed some time just around each other. Friday came, already, and we headed off to the park for our first field day for the Homebase group. I do believe it was pretty good. When we left there my hubby and I darted off to the store to try and find some Easter stuff. Talk about a hunt. There wasn't anything left. We went to 3 different stores and got a small abount of goodies for their baskets.

Now it's Saturday. My baby brother is getting married. I think maybe its starting to sink in. I haven't been able to wrap my head around this yet. I am very excited for him. I do believe he is crazy about his soon to be new bride. They are getting married at Glencoe and then heading over to Deland to have their reception at the same place Eric and I had ours. I am looking forwarded to that part. Sitting there remembering my special day.

I think that about wraps up everything for now. I am off to go try to beautify myself for my brothers special day. XOXO

No comments: