Thursday, March 11, 2010

Nailed to the Cross

As a little girl I was taught the story where Jesus was crucified for my sins. I believed that story to be very true. I have held on to that truth all my life. I am now learning that Jesus, being nailed to the cross was not a "story" about my saviour paying for my sins. I know that Jesus carried ALL of my wrongs, ALL of my guilt, ALL of my shame, All of my sins, and he left them there on that beautiful cross. Yes, a beautiful cross! That cross is so much more than pieces of wood placed together. That cross, (the one Jesus laid His life down for me on), that cross is where my burdens are. God truly loves ME so much that he sent his one and only son to die on the cross to pay for my sins. Did you hear me good? God's son died for me! He sent his son to this imperfect place to carry my burdens and then to lay them to rest. That is so powerful! I am alive today because Jesus died that day. But the most amazing truth is he rose again. Yes, after 3 days. Now I have never heard it said but maybe, just maybe, that time he spent in the tomb is a way of letting us know that its OK to hurt for a time. Then we need to rise up in the name of Jesus and live again. I mean really live!

2 comments:

Superhero Mom said...

Yes, this is exactly what I have imagined. I'm so proud of you! Words couldn't do justice to how my heart feels about you right now! I love you!

Michelle said...

I am so thankful for that cross.