Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Getting in Motion




Well, it's sad but true, summer is has almost come to an end. It has been a different summer for us. I have spent more time at home than I typically do. I did pretty good on sticking to my Tuesday and Wednesday days out. Tuesdays were our days to try to hook up with friends and Wednesday's were mostly spent with my mom. I learned that I LOVE kayaking! I will defiantly be trying to get us some of these for Christmas this year. The boys and I are hooked. My hubby, well, let's just say he's good with it. lol

I have a little less than a week and I will not be looking back until next summer. Although I must say I have learned in the past to try to take all extras out of the month of December. This gives us a chance to spend quality time with each other and family. I believe I will just do a unit study and take a break from our regular routine of our curriculum. (which means I will not finish the curriculum - OK I said it, now I hope I can be good with it. lol)

I ponder how my family will grow over the next school year. I have noticed many changes in them over this summer. We have grown closer and perhaps in some ways my boys have grown more independent.

I pray that I can keep my focus on what is most important to me. And that is growing a family that loves God and remembers to always put him first!

No comments: