Monday, February 22, 2010

Good Times


I was just reading over some of my old post and realized I use this blog to vent the bad and not the good enough. We really do have a lot of fun around here. One of our favorite things to do is go out on our boat. My hubby is amazing at "fixing" boats. Last summer we bought a 1981 SeaRay. It is 26 feet long and is already full of great memories made by us. Eric spent about 4 months completely re-doing the boat from top to bottom. We have gone and stayed at a marina and we have gone out "on the hook". I must say I like staying out on the hook much better. For all of you who are not sure what staying on the hook is, it's when you drop your anchor and that is where you stay. It is free and freeing. We have been going out to disappearing island lately. It has been like having our very own private island. Nobody else has been out there except our family. I have witnessed some of the most beautiful sights staying out there. I love looking at the lighthouse when the sun is going down and waking up to the magnificent sun rise. But my favorite is watching my guys, all 5 of them (Eric, Chase, Reese, and the 2 dogs) enjoy each other. Life seems to be so simple when we are on the boat. And I like simple!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What an awesome time you get to have. God is good in providing that boat- and a good hubby to go along with it!

Superhero Mom said...

Ahhh....I just witnessed your Romancer giving gifts fashioned for your heart! (Can you tell I have B&B brain...finally)! xxxooo