Last night I had the opportunity to watch a small clip from a movie that was of Jesus' birth. (Not sure the name of the movie) Well, as I was watching the movie I had the most amazing revelation. Jesus lived in a blended family! With Joseph as his "step-dad".
There are times when being in a blended family REALLY wears me down. Unfortunately, my parents are divorce so I have a blended family in that since and then of course I live with a his, hers, and mine. It takes a love that you have to find that is from way deep down inside, to not love "these people" conditionally. And of course when you love unconditionally you will get hurt. No if, ands, or buts about it. Reality is I don't want to be hurt! Who does, right?
So, back to Jesus . . .
If it was good enough for Him, why would I think for a moment I should be "above" this? Mary didn't choose for God to allow her to be the mother of Jesus. Just like my intentions where never to be married and then divorced. But it happened.
So, what am I going to do with my situations? I am going to pray that I can have the response that Mary had to Gabriel . . . "I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said." I am going to try to live each and every day embracing the fact that I am the Lord's servant!
2 comments:
Good God moment for you! What a beautiful revelation! you are an inspiration to so many Aleatha!
You are the Lord's servant, what a humbling, honoring, great place to be. I too am the Lord's servant, I pray my attitude would reflect that daily.
Post a Comment