My life is full of blended, blissful, chaos. I am married to my knight in shining armor. I am blessed to be the mommy of two hansome baby boys. I have one beautiful baby girl who is my bonus child. My life is the "new" all american family life.
Friday, February 17, 2012
To Go or Not to Go
To go or not to go is the question, for some. Me, I am a Walmart shopper. Talking about where you grocery shop is like talking about politics or religion. But I find that for me at this season in my life it works. I check out the site southernsavers.com before finalizing my list but I don't really plan around that. I visit pinterest to find some new recipes that I have pinned and view some cooking magazines I have stashed. Then I make my menu. I tried making my menu by preparing for breakfast, lunch, and dinner but I personally didn't like doing that. I would plan for left overs to be lunch one day and a friend would have stayed for dinner or I would think I would make the time to pre-cook some meals for lunch for hubby and daughter to take with them but something would always happen. And I might add here that I love when the kids bring their friends around, so feeding the extra kiddos grub is NO biggy for me. But it does however mess with my best laid plans. Seasons come and go and right now I am sticking to just writing down evening meals. I look at it this way, in the winter you wear a coat and in the summer you were a bathing suite. Although, we do live in Florida so I guess a bathing suite works at times in the winter as well. I have however been shopping for two weeks at a time. That I do love. Today I spent $222.75
and that includes buying dog food, cat food, shampoo, conditioner, soap, toilet paper, and a $16 pillow for me, myself, and I. Now, I will go to Perines later today to pick up about $20 worth of produce and I will need to do about half of that next week. I feel pretty good about that total cost for my family of 5. So there you have it I talked about the "W" word. And you know it was quiet invigorating.
For those of you who are like me and like to see what is on the next mom's menu, here is mine for the next two weeks.
Fri - chicken tenders, stoffers mac-n-cheese, raw veggies
Sat - Chili (well because it is going to be raining and seems like it will be a Chili kind of day)
Sun - enchiladas (cooking chicken in the crock pot - chicken for tonight and tomorrow) I love crock pot recipes for Sundays!
Mon - Buffalo chicken grilled cheese, crushed hot potatoes (thank you pinterest)
Tue - Cajun chiken pasta (again, thanks pinterest)
Wed - homemade pizza - Mom's recipe
Thur- bbq chicken, french fries, salad
Fri - steak-ums and chips
Sat - sausage with peppers and pasta
Sun - crock pot lasagna (thanks pinterest for making my Sundays simple)
Mon - corn break chicken (a little ol' lady told me this recipe one day and it is marvelous and cheap) and green beans
Tue - turkey/bacon sandwiches (save some bacon for Thurs) and fresh fruit
Wed - pizza rolls (yep - pinterest)
Thur- meat loaf, skillet potatoes with bacon and cheddar
For the sweet things:
Ice cream which is a staple in this house
pecan pie muffins (pinterest)
banana muffin/bread (pinterest)
Well there you have it. If you would like any recipes just let me know! Happy shopping to you, at where ever you find your deals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You go! Inspiring! I love pinterest too!
Post a Comment