This morning when I was listening to God (thankfully I wasn't just hearing him) I was reminded of his peace he offers me. I was reading in John 14 where Jesus tells me He gives me his peace.
As my day was unfolding I wasn't feeling to much of his peace. Eric and I were bumping heads about some pretty big topics. I was running behind to every place I needed to be and I was - well, just not feeling His peace.
I decided to run into Harvest Time (what a blessing this place is) where a fellow lover of Jesus spotted me. I should add here that I do know this lady, not as well as I would like but nevertheless I do know her. We had a wonderful conversation in the parking lot about God and his wonderful ways. ~ Yes Jesus I am listening ~
I boogied over to another shop where another fellow lover of Jesus spotted me. This time, I didn't previously know this lady. Guess what we talked about? Yeah, you figured it out, God and his wonderful ways. ~ Yes Jesus I am listening ~
As if all that wasn't enough I received an email from a friend asking for prayer. I called this beautiful women of God to ask her a quick question and 40 minutes later... well all I can say is wow! ~ Yes Jesus I am listening! ~
His peace is so wonderful and when we take the time to stop and listen, if only for moments, we are able to receive this gift of peace. Oh it's always there for us to take, unfortunately we live in a fallen world and we are sinners so our sin will and does get in our way. If we can only remember to listen he will "speak" to us in our language each and every day.
Satan wants us to focus in on his noise but God is like ear muffs. He filters out the harsh sounds that are around us. Although we can't escape the noise of our daily chores Jesus will be our buffer to bring us peace if we will just allow him. Or I should say if I just allow him.
2 comments:
Well said & adorable picture!! ;)
So glad you shared, it was nice to get a chance to visit this last week. May you continue to seek hard after our God and Savior, our peace giver.
Post a Comment