Let me start by saying I am so proud of Chase. He is a remarkable young man who I am so proud to call my son. He has gone into the public school and made a difference in his classroom. Chase has shown his fruit's to his teacher and his classmates. Just this morning we were talking about how everyone in his class knows he loves Jesus. Some have made fun of him but others took a stand for Jesus because of Chase being proud of his savior. When he first entered his classroom his teacher wasn't sure how to take him. She made some comments that didn't sit to well with me. It didn't take her long to figure out just how different he was!! Praise God!!
So, where does the venting come in? Well I received a phone call this morning from his teacher. It was a good one. And once again I am proud of Chase. But . . . you see they took the FCAT a couple weeks ago. We, meaning his teacher and I, didn't excpect him to score very high. His writing has been an area where he has struggled. Well, a 5 is the highest and a 1 is the lowest. He received a 3! So here comes the venting. Ready? The teacher is so proud of herself "and" Chase. "They" have come so far just from November to February. REALLY! In between those couple of months there was Thanksgiving break and christmas break. This is bad to say and feel this way but, did I have nothing to do with the last handful of years in his education? I don't want a pat on the back but then again I guess if I am honost with myself, I do. As so many of you know because you are fellow homeschoolers, I worked myself ragged to help him in all the ways I could.
Trust me I am hearing my heavenly Father telling me he is so proud of my love for my babies. I am getting the pat on my back from him. Nevertheless his dad and so many others will only allow themselves to see and hear one side of the story. Why oh why do I care?
I woke from a sound sleep last night with the most profound thought/revelation. (I could be totally off on this but . . .) Jesus was born from a women who had generational curses attached to her but because of Jesus death, burrial, and reserection none of that is or was attached to him. Perhaps that same freedom is mine to recieve as well? So many thoughts I have and so I am left with one more thought . . . nevertheless.
Nevertheless. . . .
Jesus has risen, Chase will live eternity in heaven, he is sharing the Light, I had the opportunity to homeschool him, I am his mother, and he is succeding!
3 comments:
Ah yes the inner struggle of homeschooling and not homeschooling and testing. You did and do a great job Aleatha, you're an amazing mom and be thankful God gave you the skills to do what you've done and will con't to do. Humbling, this thing called life is and I think you got it right with the focus on eternity. Way to go Chase- after all he's the one who sat and took that FCAT :)
Thank you Michelle!
May you be blessed to know that you have poured your life into him all these years...and you are seeing all the proof of that!
Post a Comment