Saturday, April 23, 2011

Life Today

I love my new home! There is so much about it that brings back good memories from my childhood. It's strange how in some ways I feel I have come full circle. You see I grew up right next to an airport. My new home is right under the flight path so hearing the planes flying over head is such a comfort sound. The closet doors are just like the ones on my house growing up. My mom would tell me to get a rag and a butter knife and I had to clean each line of wood that made up the door. Let me tell you I thought for sure she must not like me, to have to do that chore. Obviously I know better now because I sure do love my babies but guess what, I will be having them do the same chore. lol I am amazed at how quickly we all have fell into a new routine. Our neighbors are great. We have a family that lives across the street from us. In the evening we have all been meeting out on the street and shooting some hoops. If we aren't doing that we are walking the dogs around the neighbor hood. Yesterday, we had a neighbor from the next road over who brought the kids little east basket filled with candy. Everybody knows everyone in here. We got pretty much all our boxes unpacked in a week. We are now on to the outside of the house. Since our house sat for over 2 yrs empty there is so much to do. So much to make it ours. I am amazed at how living where God wants me and my family to be can feel so good. We were totally open to a huge area to live in. All the way from Titusville to Ormond. We put 13 offers in on other houses before we got this house. Knowing the entire time God was leading us to where he wanted us. I can't wait to uncover the adventures that are waiting for us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pictures please?

Superhero Mom said...

Hey friend! Called you yesterday! Just wanted to say..I'm so excited for this lap of your journey! We've journeyed together for quite awhile...so it is wonderful to see the Hand of God in your life! I have to agree with Bryn however...I'm dying to see pictures!

Michelle said...

Pictures please, plus I gotta come get my bowl :) God certainly leads us down faith building paths.