Monday, November 2, 2009

thankfully homeschooling

Today was a day! Not a bad or good day. Just a day. Today took a little more effort than some days. Although we have seem to have fallen in a rut here lately. A rut we must get out of! After talking to a great friend today, I was reminded of the simple joy that is here, ready and waiting for me to take! That joy is a gift from God, my babies! I get caught up in making sure that they will "succeed" educationally in this world. When the thing I need to be doing is securing a bond with them and my heavenly father. Don't get me wrong, education is very important. But there are so many wonderful things that are gained homeschooling. So, I am going to start a list that will hopefully never end!

1 I get to be in pre-school again and 3rd grade all at the same time
2 reading great books while snuggling up with two very handsome little men
3 listening to an orchestra while watching a tower be built out of blocks
4 seeing a lasting bond between brothers grow
5 eating breakfast, lunch, and diner with my babies
6 being the "school nurse" that is tending to an unexpected illness
7 praying at any moment we feel lead to
8 guiding my boys in learning that God is who he says he is
9 learning about the bible from a child's point of view
10 have the "time" to answer questions

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love this reminder Aleatha... I too get caught in the trap and it's hard to see yourself out! You are precious and so are our little people. Thanks for being just who you are ;)